Friday, January 18, 2008

Who needs the stinkin' writers!?

As the writer's strike enters its umpteenth day, I've started to seriously question the future of my entertainment requirements. However, today's random series of events have left no doubt in my mind that life in general will continue to be more than enough to make me laugh and provide priceless entertainment value.

Gracen has spent the day in her increasingly common magical world of pretend play. I try to remain out of sight as much as possible to catch the little actress in the moment. This morning's drama revolved around a "Pall at the Palace" (Ball at the Palace) for which Ballet Baby was preparing. I heard her say, "Okay, you all ready?...Oh thank you, Fairy Godmoder!" This was the result...Ballet Baby dressed in bodice and tu-tu puzzle pieces, complete with princess bandaid accessories.


As lunch was coming to an end, I heard her say, "Look Mommy, I turn a cookie to a rocket...like on Little Einsteins."


now, it kind-of looks like one of those weird ink-blot things and perhaps I've just been hanging out with a toddler for too long, but I actually see a similarity!



Now...as for the Pavster, I've often said he's a 0 to 60 kind of kid. Meaning he can go from totally chill to totally crazy in no time. Today's tummy time turned from a heated kick/flail fest to passed out sleep in an instant!


The best part of the day thus far was just captured on video. Check out Gracen attempting to sing one of her new favorite songs, "Boogie Shoes" to her brother, Payco. (The fact that I couldn't get the clip to turn the right way only adds to the nutti-ness...turn your screen sideways if need be.) :)

As a final thought...it really would be nice if the writer's could get their deal. After all, the kids do have to sleep at some point and I really need me some new Jim Halpert.

No comments: